Saturday, April 8, 2017

Writing Accomplishment!


I know this isn't much compared to many of my writer friends out there, but I wished to celebrate this moment with you. A few days ago, I reached the most words I've ever written in a story! While it is only 21,200 words that I passed, it is still a great accomplishment for me, and I'm still going strong!

It was about a year ago that I started the historical fiction story that held my record until a few days ago. That was A Pirate's Tale, the biggest writing project I'd attempted. Several months after starting it, however, I began to see how cliche it was and how many plot holes there were. So I stopped.

That was when I began my current work, Dragon Chronicles, that I'm leaning toward calling the Arkinland Chronicles. It's a very new experience for me to be writing this for several reasons.
  1. It's the first fantasy I've written.
  2. It's the first major story I've written with a male main character.
  3. It's one of my first attempts writing in first person.
Despite all the "firsts," I think it's coming along well and I hope to continue strong. My biggest writing issue in the past has been having too many ideas and not enough perseverance to push through the difficulties in the writing process. So I would greatly appreciate all your prayers as I continue to embark on this journey! Thank you for sharing with me in this exciting moment!

22 comments:

  1. Yay! That's so cool. It's always so sad when you have to quit a WIP, but it's always a blessing when a new idea pops into your head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true on both accounts! Sounds like you are talking from experience. ;)

      Delete
  2. Great job Bethany! I have enjoyed reading the Dragon Chronicles:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me feel so encouraged to hear you say that! I'm glad that people enjoy reading my work. :) So thank you!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! It's great to have you stop by and leave a comment!

      Delete
  4. Wow, congratulations sounds really great!! I have always wanted to write a book:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should, girl! If you have an idea just start writing! The world can always use more stories, and I know that I, for one, would love to read what you write!

      Delete
    2. Aww this is so encouraging I think I am going to write a story this summer:)

      Delete
    3. I can't tell you how happy that makes me to hear! Go for it! You'll do great! Just start writing and don't stop. :) I hope I'll be privileged to get to read some. ;)

      Delete
    4. Thank you for all the encouragement it means so much to me:) I will defiantly let you know when I get a story going.

      Delete
    5. Thank you, and you're totally welcome!

      Delete
  5. Yay, Bethany!! That's so awesome! Proud of you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! All your encouragement is so appreciated and taken to heart. Thank you for everything!

      Delete
  6. How awesome!! I recently completed my longest story to date around the same word count (25k)! ;) Keep it up, Bethany!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations yourself on that, Livi! Thanks! I'll do that. ;)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! That's exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eliza! I hope I get to read some of your writing one day soon!

      Delete
    2. I'm hoping to have my first book (the one Natalie read) ready for beta readers by the end of this year so I'll let you know when that happens :)

      Delete
    3. I'll look forward to it with great anticipation! :)

      Delete
    4. So will I! ;-)

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog! I really appreciate feedback—your thoughts are what keep me blogging! I always reply to comments, so be sure to check back!

Please be considerate of others and please keep all comments God-honoring. Your comment will be visible after I approve it. Thank you!

Blessings,
Bethany R.